Trade secret means information obtained from financial or intellectual investment activities, which has not yet been disclosed and can be used in business.
Industrial property rights in business secrets shall be established on the basis of legal acquirement and secret keeping of the trade secrets;
General requirements for business secrets eligible for protection
A business secret shall be eligible for protection if it meets the following requirements:
1. Neither to be common knowledge nor easily obtained;
2. To be capable, when being used in the business course, to render advantages to its holder over those who do not hold or use it;
3. To be kept secret by its owner with necessary measures so that it shall neither be disclosed nor easily accessible.
Subject matters not protected as business secrets
The following confidential information shall not be protected as business secrets:
1. Personal status secrets
2. State management secrets.
3. Security and national defense secrets.
4. Other confidential secret information irrelevant to business.